Yields 6 | Total Time: 40 min.
There isn't anything more versatile than left over chicken. Try this hearty soup next time you have some leftover chicken from the smoker, it’s healthy and sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Red Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 can (15oz) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Orecchiette Pasta Shells
- 4 Carrots, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 Parmesan Cheese Rind
- 4 cups Tuscan Kale, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 can (15.5oz) Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups Smoked Chicken, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and cook for 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, approximately 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Add pasta, carrots and Parmesan Rind and cook for 6 minutes. Add Kale, zucchini and Cannellini beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the smoked chicken and cook for 5 minutes and season with Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub. Remove the Parmesan rinds before serving. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.